Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Tribute to Glen



I'm not the type of person that gets emotionally attached to cars, but Glen HAS been in the Schultz family since late in 1991 when Dad bought him for Karen when she was going to University in Toowoomba. He later fell into my hands when I was at uni. I later bought Glen off Dad and he has been the Di and Brad family car (and truck) for the last 5 1/2 happy years... He even forgave us for ditching him for a year when we lived OS. And for blowing his engine head on a subsequent 24hr trip to Adelaide...

Yesterday, at approximately 12pm, I walked out to the driveway to drive him somewhere, and alas, there he was not.

The police assure us that there is a chance he may yet turn up, victim of a prank, or possibly needed to give someone transport home. If that IS the case, I pray that he gave that person as happy a ride, as the many he has given us over all these years.

Did that last sentence make sense?

Anyway I gotta go catch a bus.

3 comments:

akv said...

That is EXTREMELY sad to know. I hope that you get him back and be a happy family again.
BTW, the last sentence does not make sense. Remove 'have been'.

Brad said...

Ok - I changed it. Thanks Ambrish. You Indian's sure know how to speak English better than Australians...

epg said...

Oh, Glen. Many a happy time... Maybe he was just itching to hit the road when that stranger asked for a ride. I hope he returns home soon. Erin xo