Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday Afternoon Bike Ride

Wish I took my camera - this was such a photogenic afternoon... I do love this city!

A secret bikeway weaving over the freeway interchange, over the pedestrian bridge into the Botanic Gardens where people were lazing, weddings were being photographed... then through the CBD - I love how there's nothing going on there on a Sunday afternoon except for the occasional bar. Down under the Story Bridge and along the floating walkway - a fantastic way to see the city, the bridge and the river. Past Owen and Corrina's old place at New Farm... I was a bit sad at that point. Continued along the river walkways in front of old Wool warehouses converted into luxury apartments, still lots of people enjoying a beautiful afternoon. On the way back, I wove around side streets that I never knew were there. I love how there's always another quiet little street full of beautiful old queenslanders here. And none of the roads are straight, and none lead you where you think they will...
I love how I can find myself back on Brunswick St and not really understand how I got there...
I love riding back to Gibbon St at the Gabba and although it's one of the most run-down, ugly, emptiest little street in the city, it's the place I most want to come home to! I guess familiarity does that...

Now to some serious West Wing watching!

3 comments:

epg said...

Hey Brad! Woah, I had similar type thoughts as you as I strode around West End with Carly on Sunday... Such beautiful little Queenslander houses and such a nice little city, good ol' Brisbane. I need to get back up closer to it. Cool. Erin xo

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice Brad!! :P

Personally I prefer Adelaide but yer we will get up there one day and actually spend more than 2 days in your fine city!!

Some nice reading in your blog too... kinda inspires me to do one myself lol.... good to get the links to Jo's and Ben's blogs - good to catch up on what they are doing!! I see one got married and the other is doing some crazy travel thing! :P

Oh and good luck in the tipping!! ;)
Catch ya later!
Tim.

Anonymous said...

hooray, brad's updating his blog. this will help me waste more time than i already waste. good.