Friday, July 22, 2005

Ant Ant Ants!


This is a cooperative ant farm - owned by myself and my illustrious fellow-worker, Steve. 'Farm' is a bit of a misnomer though, since I don't think the ants will actually be breeding since they are all female workers. In fact, as the average age of female worker ants is 3 months, I believe this will be a sort of opposite of farm. What's the opposite of 'farm'? Any suggestions?

Anyway - it IS fascinating watching them! The blue gell provides them with sustenance as well as matter in which to dig!

I'm going HERE next weekend for a week for work.

5 comments:

Deb said...

opposite of farm:

mraf

Anonymous said...

its an ant retirement village... i wonder if they serve junket for dessert?

Anonymous said...

its an ant retirement village... i wonder if they serve junket for dessert?

Anonymous said...

did I already say that?

Brad said...

I think the ants work out pretty quickly that they get junket! They dug like crazy for about 3 days, then they realised that there was no queen telling them what to do, no predators and they could feast on the surrounding blue matter. What a life!