Friday, August 05, 2005

Can't get that song outta my head...


Friday afternoon - now in Kuta Beach at Bali. What a surreal week! And the people that work at mines like Batu Hijau experience it all the time... the contrast between mountain jungle / beautiful beach / huge, dusty mine...

Thought I'd post a few photos while I'm still travelling - always seems a little more exciting that way...

On the last evening at Batu Hijau I escaped down to the beach again and went for a proper walk along it. It's so remote and beautiful there. Even more so now that I'm thinking about it at Kuta Beach, Bali. On the way back to the mine town where I was staying I stopped in at a local cafe for dinner. Mine food was fantastic - but I thought I better sample at least one local meal.
Below is the seaplane that took me back to Denpasar, via Mataram on Lombok Island. Had some GREAT views of the islands - I love the volcanoes, which I can't remember the names of at this point.
Seeya!
PS It's that 'I've been to Bali too' song. I much preferred the song that was stuck in my head in Istanbul... or New York City...

2 comments:

epg said...

Unreal Brad. I know you are there working but it is such a cool thing that you get to go there! You are kind of like my Dad, he gets to go to places most people don't because of the work he does. So great.

That photo of the beach in the middle is killing me its gorgeous. Nice one.

I had a great date with your wife last night. We ate sushi and paratha and 'gossiped', if you can call it that.

Unknown said...

you look so manly...