Wednesday, June 22, 2005

What's the White Band??

Hey everyone!

Di and I went along with Ben, Sarah and Chey to the launch of the Micah Challenge in Brisbane last night. The Micah Challenge is basically a worldwide Christian organisation getting behind the Millenium Development Goals that all 191 UN Nations have pledged to meet by 2015.

The Micah Challenge, along with the 'Make Poverty History' campaign and events like the Live8 concerts are all trying to raise awareness and put enough pressure on the governments of the world to keep the commitments they've already made to getting rid of poverty. At the moment, most countries are lagging behind their goals. Australia is one of the worst. It's pathetic... they know what needs to be done, it's not going to make a shred of difference to our wealth, but our government is not doing it!

SO - if you could spare a few moments, please
B.

PS Yes, the time is right - this WAS written at 4:54am... I couldn't sleep.

1 comment:

epg said...

Such a serious and excellent choice of subject for a blog entry written at 4.54 in the morning. I got all signed up earlier in the year. I'm glad Make Poverty History finally went global. Full steam ahead, where's the hold up you silly Governments? I am now going to investigate getting the white band. I've seen it on other websites, I didn't think I could get it for a lonely blog.